Everton
Bolívar
12:30 AM UTC Apr 25, 2018
Deportivo Lara
Millonarios
10:15 PM UTC Apr 24, 2018

Madagascar's Carolus Andriamatsinoro confirms USM Alger exit

Madagascar international Carolus Andriamatsinoro has taken to social media to confirm his exit from Algerian heavyweights USM Alger, having come to the end of his contract.

The 27-year-old joined the Ligue Professionnelle 1 side after leaving Paradou AC in 2012, having previously featured for Academie Ny Antsika in his homeland.

The diminutive international attacker enjoyed great success with L'USMA, winning two Algerian titles, two Algerian Super Cups, one Algerian Cup and the Arabic championship during his five-year stint in North Africa.

"Thank you so much to everyone for having supported me during these last five years at L'USMA," he wrote on Facebook. "It's been a very big pleasure to defend the colours [and] I've spent some great memories here with you.

"Even though there have been highs and lows during the five years I spent with you, but for me, you've had a great touch and I will never forget that."

Carolus found the net in mid-May during USM Alger's CAF Champions League group stage campaign -- a 3-0 victory over Al-Ahli Tripoli in Algiers. After five matches, the Red and Blacks sit atop Group B, having amassed eight points, and will reach the quarterfinals if they avoid defeat against CAPS United this weekend.

"Also, I thank my teammates," he continued. "They're always therefore me even those who have left.

"We've spent a great time together, I'll never forget it.

"I will always follow L'USMA, and I will always been Team DZ.'"

Ed Dove is the Soccer Editor for KweséESPN. Follow him on Twitter @EddyDove.

Comments