Trending: Antonio Conte frustrated as Arsenal win Community Shield
Monday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
- Gary Cahill says Chelsea cannot afford many injuries this season as they try to defend their Premier League title while returning to the Champions League with a squad short on numbers.
- Pedro has backed Alvaro Morata to bounce back from his frustrating official debut in the Community Shield defeat to Arsenal.
- Pedro and Cesc Fabregas scored poorly in Mark Worrall's player ratings.
- Chelsea are being linked with a move for Real Madrid star Gareth Bale. More in Transfer Talk.
- Arsene Wenger hailed an "outstanding" Sead Kolasinac after the signing scored in the victory, and said the defender's physicality will make him a perfect fit for the Premier League.
- Granit Xhaka and Kolasinac scored highly in James McNicholas' player ratings.
- Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez could be ready to offer Lucas Perez a way out of Arsenal after confirming his interest in the forward.
BARCELONA: Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has criticised Neymar's behaviour while pushing for a move to Paris Saint-Germain and said that the Catalan club were in a win-win situation regarding his departure.
- Sergi Roberto is not for sale and the club do not fear losing him despite interest from Manchester United and Chelsea, sources have told ESPN FC.
- Borussia Dortmund have said they are "not aware" that Ousmane Dembele has agreed personal terms for a move to Barcelona.
MAN UNITED: Timothy Fosu-Mensah is set to sign for Crystal Palace on loan, sources have told ESPN FC.
- United defender Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has joined Leeds United on loan.
- Romelu Lukaku will be out to silence the doubters against Real Madrid, Rob Dawson writes.
UEFA SUPER CUP: Cristiano Ronaldo has been included in Real Madrid's travelling squad for Tuesday's UEFA Super Cup clash with his former team Manchester United in Skopje, despite only resuming training at the weekend.
- United's UEFA Super Cup clash with Madrid will include water breaks if soaring temperatures in Macedonia continue, sources have told ESPN FC.
- Javier Pastore says he and his Paris Saint-Germain teammates will help Neymar become the world's best player.
- Simon Kuper explains why Neymar decided to swap Barcelona for PSG.
JUVENTUS: Paris Saint-Germain defender Dani Alves says his former club Juventus did not understand his footballing philosophy during his sole season in Serie A.
- Serie A champions Juventus will be even better than last season as they prepare to defend the title again, Giorgio Chiellini has said.
LIVERPOOL: Jurgen Klopp has said he is happy with Liverpool's current defensive options and will not "force" it if they cannot land their priority targets.
BUNDESLIGA: German football's first competitive use of video assistant referees (VAR) failed due to a technical fault on Saturday when a debatable goal was awarded in the German Super Cup between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.
BAYERN MUNICH: Carlo Ancelotti has told Gazzetta dello Sport he wants his players to use the "anger" of last season's controversial defeat to Real Madrid as motivation to win the Champions League.
MAN CITY: Yaya Toure says Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is determined to win in style -- just as he did at Barcelona.
- Celtic assistant manager Chris Davies has said there is "constant dialogue" about the possibility of Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts returning to the club.
EVERTON: Ronald Koeman has told Sky Sports that a deal to bring Swansea City midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson to Goodison Park is "close."
ATLETICO MADRID: Stefan Savic says he would welcome the return of "one of the most important players in the world" -- Diego Costa.
MLS: David Villa scored his first Major League Soccer hat trick to help New York City FC beat the New York Red Bulls 3-2 on Sunday night.
- In Arch Bell's Heroes and Villains, VAR debuted to positive reviews while Orlando City continued to falter.
- Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla has told Montreal Impact he wants to leave after they rejected several offers for his services, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.
PREMIER LEAGUE: Several Premier League clubs are still "failing" disabled supporters, a government minister has said.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.