Liverpool finally ready to sanction Philippe Coutinho sale to Barcelona
With the January window on the horizon, there's plenty brewing in the transfer market. All the latest deals and potential deals can be found here.
TOP STORY: Liverpool 'ready to let Coutinho go'
After a pretty tough Sunday afternoon for Liverpool at Wembley, more bad news could be set to follow their 4-1 drubbing by Tottenham Hotspur.
Following the summer-long saga surrounding the future of playmaker Philippe Coutinho amid continuing links with -- and rejected offers from -- Barcelona, reports that he could move to the Camp Nou in the winter have resurfaced.
The Mail says Liverpool, ninth in the Premier League and 12 points adrift of leaders Manchester City, "are prepared to let Coutinho go in January."
Citing sources in Spain, it adds that Barcelona's failure to sign the Brazil international in the summer has not dented their interest.
Manager Jurgen Klopp "has neither ruled out a sale nor denied that an agreement exists between the two clubs over an eventual transfer," the Mail reports, while the Mirror says "Barca sporting director Robert Fernandez was in the stands at Wembley" to watch Coutinho.
Last month, reports claimed Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group would be "much more receptive to negotiating" a sale if Liverpool were out of the Premier League title picture.
Crunch time for Wilshere as City, Chelsea wait
It's a crucial time for Jack Wilshere and his hopes of a new Arsenal deal, with the Sun reporting that the midfielder could yet join Chelsea or Manchester City.
Wilshere's deal expires in the summer, meaning he could leave on a free transfer in July.
The England international has been eased back into the first-team picture by Arsene Wenger, playing against Red Star Belgrade in the Europa League and creating a goal after coming off the bench in Sunday's win at Everton.
But Arsenal have not yet decided whether to offer the 25-year-old a new contract, and the Sun says City and Chelsea "are among the clubs scrambling for the midfielder's signature if he does not get a new deal in North London."
Wenger has previously said that if Wilshere "can play from now until December at the top level he will be back" but warned that "if there are other [injury] setbacks then it will be difficult for him."
- Newcastle and Crystal Palace could see their hopes of signing Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun frustrated after Bundesliga club Wolfsburg tabled a £9 million bid for him, talkSPORT says.
Citing reports in Turkey, it adds that the 26-year-old, who scored 20 goals last season and has been strongly linked with both the Magpies and struggling Palace, is also attracting attention from AC Milan.
- These are exciting times at Cardiff City, flying high in second place in the Championship, and the Sun reports that manager Neil Warnock is poised to add Venezuela international defender Rolf Feltscher to his ranks.
It says Feltscher, a free agent who had also been targeted by ex-Birmingham boss Harry Redknapp, has been training with Cardiff -- and that could bring an end to a mooted move to Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.