What's trending: Michel Platini's UEFA reign to end after CAS reduces ban
Here are the latest stories from Monday.
FIFA: Michel Platini will not be able to resume his reign as UEFA president despite the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) reducing his six-year ban from football to four years.
- Pellegrini believes City deserve to be in next season's Champions League after a draw against Arsenal put their involvement in doubt.
- With the race for the top four in the Premier League heating up, here's a look at the Champions League and Europa League candidates.
- City's midfield duo of Fernando and Fernandinho were impressive in their draw vs. Arsenal, writes Simon Curtis in his player ratings.
- City captain Vincent Kompany is set to miss the start of next season, according to a Belgian physio who has examined him.
- Olivier Giroud broke a nearly four-month league scoring drought and set up the other goal as he impressed for the Gunners in James McNicholas' player ratings.
- Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck could be in danger of missing the European Championship after sustaining a knee injury on Sunday.
- Jack Wilshere is revelling in Tottenham Hotspur's recent struggles and wants Arsenal to show they're "the best team in North London" by finishing above their arch-rivals once again.
- With all 20 La Liga teams in action Sunday, Dermot Corrigan rounds up the day's action and its implications on both ends of the table.
BARCELONA: Barcelona coach Luis Enrique predicted a "tense" final weekend to the La Liga season, but said his side deserve to win the title after remaining top thanks to Sunday evening's 5-0 win at home to neighbours Espanyol.
- Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has said Nice attacker Hatem Ben Arfa has not yet decided to join Barcelona and hopes the player will instead return to his first club.
- Barcelona will return to the National Football Centre at St George's Park for a training camp this summer.
- TRANSFER TALK: Riyad Mahrez will resist offers from some of Europe's biggest clubs this summer and aims to line up for Leicester next season, as the team bids to embark on a Champions League adventure and defend its Premier League title, according to the Mirror.
PSG: Paris Saint-Germain forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic has dropped a big hint that he could make a return to AC Milan this summer, saying they are the "biggest club" he ever played for and that he never wanted to leave them in 2012.
- Chelsea captain John Terry will not be able to command a Designated Player contract if he moved to MLS this summer, according to a league source.
- LA Galaxy midfielder Steven Gerrard says he is enjoying going "unnoticed" in Los Angeles but plans to return to Liverpool "sooner rather than later."
EREDIVISIE: PSV Eindhoven retained the Eredivisie title after a dramatic final day saw them win 3-1 away to PEC Zwolle as rivals Ajax were held to a surprise 1-1 draw at relegation battlers De Graafschap.
Karim Benzema: Has averaged a goal every 78.4 mins in La Liga this season- WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) May 8, 2016
Come back again for the more of the same every weekday.